Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Forgotten

8 Great Years



Yes. I'll admit it. We forgot our Anniversary. It just completely passed us by! I guess this means we've fallen into our routine and are resigned to our fate as an old married couple. I didn't even remember to emotionally blackmail the man and weasel a good present out of him! It was on a Sunday (January 3rd) - so we couldn't have gone out and done something fabulous anyways, but it is a little pathetic that we completely skipped the day. ( In our defense, the kids had strep throat and I came home from church and collapsed into bed for the rest of the day) Maybe Dan's present was taking care of the house and kids while I tried to keep my breakfast down? I'll count it. Best. Present. Ever.


Top 8 Reasons I Love Dan

1-His ability to make me laugh- even when I'm so angry I could spit fire. I can't stay mad at the man!

2-His work ethic. I never have to worry about Danny working hard or taking pride in the tasks he's set out to accomplish.

3-His Optimism. Nothing gets this man down! Not even my constant nagging...

4-His devotion to family. His, Mine and Ours.

5-His Faith. Dan doesn't say much- but he lives the Gospel and sets a wonderful example for our boys (and me) by his quiet dedication to the Lord.

6-He Cooks. Every night. I never have to worry about Dinner because Danny takes over the second he gets home. This may seem trivial, but I LOVE it.

7-He gave me my boys. I can't imagine our life without the 3 little monsters and can't wait for the 4th

8-He Loves Me. He puts up with me. He indulges me. He's stayed with me.



There you have it. 8 great years to a great guy. I love you Danny! (even though I forgot our special day)

1 comments:

Annie said...

Trivial that he cooks dinner every night? No way! That's fabulous! Congrats on 8 years together. Hope this pregnancy sickness ends soon, you poor thing! xoxo