Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Bumble and Friends

One of my most favorite parts of Christmas is all the fabulous movies I get to yank out of cold storage and watch repeatedly until Dan wants to kill me. Thanksgiving night marks the first viewing of "It's a Wonderful Life" (to remind me of all my blessings while I'm cursing at the Christmas Tree) and then each night thereafter is reserved for another cinematic gem. Dan loves "Elf" and I enjoy "White Christmas" but I have yet to find anyone who will watch "Babes in Toyland" with me. (except Jodi who is sadly too far away.) The boys have fully embraced this tradition and can now repeat word for word almost all the lines from "Rudolph", "Frosty" and "Mickey's Christmas Carol". I loves me my Christmas movies!!

Tate- however- is terrified of the Abominable Snowman and wakes up from his naps now crying "BUMBLE-SCARE TATE" over and over. We have a love/hate relationship with said Bumble and can't decide if he's too scary to make watching Rudolph worth it or not. Tate has to sit right next to me on the couch and we have to talk about why the Bumble is being so mean to the deer. Tucker has decided that he's just ornery because his "teefs" hurt. He's a nice Bumble after he gets his teeth fixed by the Dentist.

Every time I suggest we watch something else, though, the boys cry in protest and plunk themselves down in front of the T.V. for some more Bumble Luvin. What's a Mother to do?

Here's my list of current Christmas Faves- Any suggestions to further my collection?

  • Holiday Celebration with Mickey and Pals ( Mickey's Good Deed, Peculiar Penguins, The Clock Watcher, Rescue Dog, Corn Chips, Lend A Paw, Toy Tinkers)
  • Classic Holiday Stories (The Small One, Pluto's Christmas Tree, Mickey's Christmas Carol)
  • Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas
  • Frosty the Snowman
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol
  • Babes in Toyland - The really old one with Annette Funicello-
  • Holiday Inn
  • White Christmas
  • Disney's Very Merry Christmas Sing Along Songs
  • Charlie Brown Christmas
  • Miracle on 34th Street (both old and new versions- but I LOVE Dylan McDermott most)
  • A Christmas Story
  • Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
  • Santa Claus is Comin to Town
  • The Little Drummer Boy
  • The Santa Clause
  • National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
  • Elf
  • Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original animated one)
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • Luke:2
  • Mr. Kruegers Christmas
  • Home Alone

6 comments:

Heidi Hartley said...

Holy cow Hollie. I had no idea there were even that many Christmas movies. Thanks for the great list. The kids and I will be hitting Hollywood the day they are out for Christmas break....for two weeks!

Unknown said...

My all time favorite is "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street." Rhett laughs at me every year when I have to watch it, but I love it!!

Unknown said...

If we lived closer my sisters and I would come watch Babes in Toyland with you. We grew up watching that one. We all love it! I've forgotten about some of the good old Christmas movies. I too will be hitting Hollywood! Thanks!

Mindy said...

Ok Holly that was actually me, Eric now has a gmail account. I guess I need to pay more attention.

Mindy said...

OH and I really doubt he would come watch Babes in Toyland with you.

Luke said...

I have sooo missed looking at your blog. Sneaking a peak on Luke's work computer. Maddy is afraid of the abominable snowman, too & she's 4. She turns down the volume when he comes on. :) I love Christmas movies, too!
-HIlarie