Friday, September 18, 2009

The Wheels on the Bus...

Back To School
Here are the boys showing off their new school clothes and back packs or "pack-packs" as Tuck calls them.


Well- The boys are officially back to school. Tate got to transfer over to 3 Peaks Preschool with Tuck this year- so they get to ride the school bus together 2 of the 4 days a week and look out for each other. I am LOVING the one on one time with Thaddy, but I do miss my boys. I can't believe I have 2 preschoolers already. Where does the time go? Tucker moved up to 4 days a week and is doing really well with more school time and Tate is just getting started with the 2 day program. I love the preschool here.
They both love their teachers and tell me fabulous and unbelievable stories about school and new friends and bring home more art projects and papers than I can fit on the fridge or tape to their bedroom doors. They each have their very own school-bus that I bought them to talk about how to be safe on the bus- and they drive them around the house telling me all the safety rules and about the bus driver and where they sit and so forth. It's so flipping cute.


We are the first stop on the bus route- so I have to have the kids up and ready to go by 7:45 am. EEK! Anyone who knows me- knows how awful this is. I am NOT a morning person. Not even really a mid-day person. Mostly I'm at my best around 7 at night. Trying to communicate with me before the P.M. is just not in your best interests. So... It's been an adventure trying to drag myself and the sleepy boys out of bed each morning. Thus the pics of Mama in her sweats and bedhead. The poor bus driver sees me at my worst each morning. Bless her soul.
The boys are pretty good natured about getting up so early, and stand at the front door just quivering with excitement until the bus pulls up in front of the house.

Tate was a little nervous the first few days- but having his older (not bigger) brother there with him has made the transition a little less painful. I just love that they are together twice a week. Tucker always holds his hand and tells him "It's not scary Tate- The bus is fun!"
I think the best part though, is that after they get home around 12:30 pm, they are completely exhausted and fall into their beds for a good 3 hour nap. Love it.

3 comments:

Kory said...

What cuties! You are better than me... no matter how hard I try, could not get two little ones ready and out the door by 7:45. TOO STINKIN' EARLY!

hecklerwife said...

Love Three Peaks! Ava keeps asking when she gets to go to school. I feel bad that it wont be for another year.

Lacey said...

Jewkes, What is going on? This is Mortimer. I have thought many times over the past eight years of needing to get in contact with you. It looks like you are enjoying your life with your wife and kids. Are you ever up in the Idaho area? I am emailing from my wife's account. I do not mean to confuse ya. She is the master at all this stuff. And yes, I did marry Lacey "Here's a picture of my head!" that you and Horrocks made fun of when we were in El Paso. It would be good to hear from ya!

Later,

Mort