Wednesday, July 15, 2009

THAD OWEN JEWKES
February 19, 2008
1 year pictures taken March 2009

Ah Ha!!
I finally found the disk of Thad's 1st Birthday pics today. Woot. It was in the kitchen drawer with all the dishtowels and washrags. Don't ask.
I do in fact realize that his birthday was a good 6 months ago- but let's just enjoy the pictures- hmmm?
I think this one is my fave. His little curls are so sweet. He's gonna have a curly head full of hair just like Tuck. I figure if I don't have girls to play hair and make-up with- at least I get some curls. He loves to help me comb his hair and LOVES to squish the mousse through his fingers and rub it all over his head when we primp.

He doesn't look especially happy in these ones- He doesn't like to be naked. NOT ONE BIT. It's so funny when I get him changed every day. If I don't have his outfit all ready to put him into right away- He starts to fuss and won't crawl around or move on the carpet until his little body is covered up. Modest little guy!
Love these faces. He is such an expressive little man. He still isn't talking AT ALL- but he pulls all kinds of faces to let you know how he's feeling. He loves to giggle and clap his hands and he screams bloody murder if you take away his food or snacks before he's finished. He's started to babble a lot more and sing himself to sleep- which is adorable and he knows how to pull a pouty lip with the best of them.
Thad has been such a joy. This is the longest I've gone without being violently pregnant and miserable between kids. While that isn't exactly my choice (I desperately want #4)... I have enjoyed Thaddy's toddler-hood in a way I've never been able to before. With Tuck and Tate- I was lying on the couch trying to make it through each day and didn't get to appreciate this age as much. I've got a lot more energy with Thaddy and he's so much fun to chase after and play with. I'm constantly amazed at the things he figures out and how delightful it is to watch him discover new things.

I worry sometimes like Thaddy is getting left out (being the 3rd wheel) and doesn't get as much attention as his 2 big brothers- but lately they've been so cute with him. He's finally walking around the house- slowly- and the boys love to play with him. Tuck calls him his "pwecious baby bwother" and loves to make him giggle. Tate is an excellent sharer and showers him with cars and books. He loves following after them and I can't imagine our family without this little guy.
He really is our precious baby brother.

1 comments:

Sherion said...

These pictures are adorable! I need to find a good photographer that's not too expensive.